- because of necessity; by or of necessity
- as a necessary result; inevitably
Necessarily is defined as inevitably or required.
An example of necessarily used as an adverb is in the sentence, "We don't necessarily have to arrive by 5," which means arrival by 5 is not required.
Of necessity; inevitably.
(comparative more necessarily, superlative most necessarily)
necessary +"Ž -ly
- He doesn't necessarily want to be understood.
- These by no means necessarily agree with the Code.
- It's a long story, one you don't necessarily need to know to understand your circumstances.
- So personal had the system of jurisdiction become that even the trials of bishops ceased to be necessarily conciliar.
- It will undoubtedly make the most profitable seeds possible but not necessarily the healthiest.