Origin of minxEarly Modern English from uncertain or unknown; perhaps Low German minsk, female servant, hussy, person, akin to German mensch: see mensch
An example of a minx is a twenty year old woman asking her boss out for a date.
- A girl or young woman who is considered to be impudent or very flirtatious.
- Obsolete A promiscuous woman.
Origin of minxProbably from obsolete mynx playful little dog perhaps from alteration of obsolete Dutch minneken darling ; see minikin .
Perhaps from Middle Low German minsk (“wench, hussy")
- (obsolete) A mink.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster's Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- Cunning Minx is the tireless producer and host of the award-winning Polyamory Weekly podcast that has been active since the spring of 2005.
- Minx has spoken on polyamory at many conferences such as the Heartland Polyamory Conference and New York City's Poly Pride Day.
- Minx founded the show as a resource for the poly and poly-curious to share experiences and help guide each other on their journey.
- "It's a myth to think that polyamorous people don't get jealous," says Cunning Minx, host of the PolyWeekly Podcast.
- LoveToKnow caught up with Cunning Minx in Vancouver and asked for some of her expertise on this complicated topic.