- a container in which metals or other substances are melted; crucible
- a country, place, or area in which immigrants of various nationalities and races are assimilated
melting potmelting pot
The definition of a melting pot is a place where different people or different cultures all come together and begin to merge and mix.
America is an example of a melting pot where immigrants and people from all over the world visit and live and share thoughts and ideas to create one big new culture.
- A container in which a substance is melted.
- A place or society in which immigrants of different cultures or races form a single culture.
(plural melting pots)
- In 1909 the whole system of German imperial finance was once more in the melting-pot, and, in spite of the undoubted wealth of the country, the conflict of state and party interests seemed to make it practically impossible to remould it on a satisfactory basis.
- It is usually sent on the market in the form of sticks, which were at one time prepared by sucking the molten material up glass tubes; but the dangers to the workmen and other disadvantages of this method have led to its replacement by a continuous process, in which the phosphorus leaves the melting-pot for a pipe surrounded by water, in which it solidifies and can be removed as a continuous rod.