(comparative more materialistic, superlative most materialistic)
The definition of materialistic is a person who is focused on objects, ownership and wealth.
An example of someone materialistic is a friend who is focused on only wearing designer clothing.
- All these materialistic tendencies seem to have one explanation.
- But in spite of this its materialistic affinities are unmistakable.
- But it is quite possible that his scientific studies had bred in him, as in many others at that time, a materialistic, or at least a naturalistic, turn of mind; indeed, we should expect as much in a man of Van den Ende's somewhat rebellious temperament.
- Materialistic views were at the time rampant and fashionable, and faith in immortality was at a low ebb.
- Later on he develops the materialistic view of Epicurus, only modifying it so far as to conceive of matter as finite.