(comparative more materialistic, superlative most materialistic)
The definition of materialistic is a person who is focused on objects, ownership and wealth.
An example of someone materialistic is a friend who is focused on only wearing designer clothing.
- But in spite of this its materialistic affinities are unmistakable.
- All these materialistic tendencies seem to have one explanation.
- This is not to say that businesses are so materialistic they will favor a war to get a government contract.
- Materialistic views were at the time rampant and fashionable, and faith in immortality was at a low ebb.
- But you can never, at any one point, say, from the scientific or mechanical or materialistic standpoint, this " had to be."