The definition of love hate refers to someone or something about which you have mixed feelings, both strong positive feelings and strong negative ones.
An example of love hate is when you love chocolate because it tastes good but hate it because it makes you fat.
characterized simultaneously by feelings of love and hate: a love-hate relationship
- I have a love-hate relationship with technology, but I would be foolish to ignore the fact that I do need to own the latest and highest quality professional graphics software to be productive and competitive.
- Regardless of her love/hate relationship with the general public, the senior vice president of programming and development at Bravo, Andy Cohen, thinks the show will be a smashing success.
- Regardless of his ill temper and bullying ways, Greg was dubbed a "hard worker" and the residents of Bonanza City developed a love-hate relationship with the teenager.
- If you've always had a love-hate relationship with your fine hair and can't seem to win the long battle, take a more authoritative stance as you move forward.
- Christmas decorating is a special part of most families' holiday traditions, but many people have a love/hate relationship with it.