The definition of legit is slang for legitimate and refers to something that is legal, proper and/or done in conformance with the rules.
An example of something that would be described as legit is a job where you earn money without breaking the law.
(comparative more legit, superlative most legit)
Clipping of legitimate.
- But the dancers are the most legit there can be, because they are simply out there dancing with no thought other than the pure joy of hip hop dance.
- Application Fee: Though most companies wave this fee, some charge you to process your application and make sure you are a legit company.
- If you are on a coupon website you haven't used before, it can be difficult to know if the coupons are legit.
- The site does prefer that you become a registered member, as they are working hard to keep everything legit.
- If you're truly looking for information on starting a business that you can operate from your house, it's essential that you know how to separate legit home based businesses from those that are nothing more than scams.