- the interval in the course of a disease between infection and the first appearance of the symptoms; incubation period
- the interval between a stimulus and its response
latent periodlatent period
- The interval between exposure to an infectious organism or a carcinogen and the clinical appearance of disease.
- The interval between stimulus and response.
- The interval between exposure to an infectious organism or a carcinogen and the appearance of symptoms or signs of disease.
- The period elapsing between the application of a stimulus and the expected response, such as the contraction of a muscle.