The definition of insightful is someone or something that is very perceptive or that shows a deep understanding.
An example of insightful is a clever observation that gets to the heart of an issue.
Showing or having insight; perceptive.
(comparative more insightful, superlative most insightful)
- Possessing insight.
- He gave an insightful presentation on how games can benefit business.
- Later in that same year Scott Rosenberg of Salon.com wrote about the growing number of "online journalists" who were filling the web with new content from the sublimely insightful to the ridiculously stupid.
- Providing a loving and supportive home environment can help to nurture an emotionally healthy child who is independent, self-confident, socially skilled, insightful, and empathetic towards others.
- The Girl Who Spoke with Pictures: Autism Through Art is an insightful book written by Eileen Miller, a mother of a talented young woman named Kim, diagnosed in the autism spectrum of disorders.
- While it's true that these readings are computer generated, and therefore lack the warmth of having a person do the reading, it's a lot of fun that may still prove insightful.