- the quality of being infinite
- anything infinite; endless or unlimited space, time, distance, quantity, etc.
- an indefinitely large number or amount
- Geom. an ideal point or location thought of as being infinitely distant from the origin or base point of the space being considered
- Math. an ideal number thought of as the numerical value of an infinite quantity: symbol, ?
- a distance so far from a camera that rays of light reflected from a subject there may be regarded as parallel
- a setting for such a distance on a focusing scale
Origin of infinityMiddle English infinite from Old French infinité from Classical Latin infinitas