- designating or of training, as through special courses, workshops, etc., given to employees in connection with their work
- while employed: an in-service withdrawal from 401k savings
An example of in-service is the training a teacher receives to learn updated information about technology.
- Of, relating to, or being a full-time employee: in-service teachers.
- Taking place or continuing while one is a full-time employee: in-service training workshops.
(third-person singular simple present in-servicing, present participle in-serviced, simple past and past participle in-serviced)
- To train or educate someone while they are working, to give "on-the-job" training.
- She spends most of her time in-servicing teachers in helping struggling students.
- (chiefly UK) Whilst a domestic servant.
- Teachers receive in-service training on how to implement the program.