- Of or pertaining to humanism.
The definition of humanistic is a thought that the most important matters are human rather than mechanical, procedural, religious or spiritual.
An example of humanistic is on the job sensitivity training.
- In his mistaken humanistic zeal tried to improve them.
- They gradually entered into the spirit of their age, assumed the style of despots and made use of the humanistic movement, then at its height, to place themselves in a new relation to Italy.
- There is told of him a story which illustrates the temper of the early humanistic revival in Italy.
- It is necessary to dwell at length upon Poggio's devotion to the task of recovering the classics, and upon his disengagement from all but humanistic interests, because these were the most marked feature of his character and career.
- The two systems were nothing more as yet than two different ways of interpreting a phrase of Porphyry, and they remained unnoticed in the for nearly two centuries not so much for its dialectics S' and philosophy as for its humanistic culture.