Any of a wide variety of plants grown indoors, often for decorative purposes.
- A plant that is grown indoors in places such as a house or office for decorative purposes.
- Herbert thought that adding some houseplants would brighten up his desk.
- A variety of plant that is especially suited to such cultivation, or that is frequently grown in such settings.
- "I always thought a begonia was a houseplant!" exclaimed Sue, staring at the towering tropical specimen.
- One group consists of products that were never meant to be ingested or inhaled, such as shampoo, paint thinner, pesticides, houseplant leaves, and carbon monoxide.
- To celebrate funny or weird holidays (choices include Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day and Take Your Houseplant For a Walk Day).
- They may decide to taste that pretty houseplant you have sitting in your living room or growing in your yard.
- Shamrocks are the ultimate low-maintenance houseplant in that they're almost impossible to kill.
- Another option is a standard houseplant fertilizer or simply use ordinary aquarium plant food.