high profilehigh profile
- An example of high profile is the OJ Simpson murder case.
- An example of high profile is Brad Pitt.
The definition of high profile is someone or something that is well known by most and that garners a lot of attention.
An intentionally conspicuous, well-publicized presence or stance: “needs to maintain a high profile in his profession” ( Tracy Keenan Wynn )
(comparative more highprofile, superlative most highprofile)
- (rare) Alternative spelling of high-profile.
- Whether it's an unintentional bikini slip while a star is on vacation or a high-profile wardrobe mishap during a publicized event, many celebrities end up flashing a lot more skin than they had originally intended.
- The Los Angeles Superior Court had previously sealed the court documents pertaining to the ongoing custody war between the parents of Sean Preston and Jayden James, due the very high-profile nature of the case.
- The "It" collection is obviously inspired by the powerful high-profile name of Louis Vuitton, yet it does not seek to pass itself off as Vuitton merchandise, and, therefore, these bags are not replicas.
- High-profile crimes such as the Columbine High School shootings have made most people much more acutely aware of the potential danger involved in young people acting out in a highly antisocial manner.
- Given her high-profile pop, Donald Trump, and her role as vice president of real estate development acquisitions in his organization, it's a safe bet that Ivanka Trump doesn't need the daytime gig.