high profilehigh profile
- An example of high profile is the OJ Simpson murder case.
- An example of high profile is Brad Pitt.
The definition of high profile is someone or something that is well known by most and that garners a lot of attention.
An intentionally conspicuous, well-publicized presence or stance: “needs to maintain a high profile in his profession” ( Tracy Keenan Wynn )
(comparative more highprofile, superlative most highprofile)
- (rare) Alternative spelling of high-profile.
- Video game sales in 2007 were sluggish at the beginning of the year, but through the summer and fall, sales have picked up tremendously due to Wii purchases, price cuts, high-profile games, and non-traditional console games.
- Whether it's an unintentional bikini slip while a star is on vacation or a high-profile wardrobe mishap during a publicized event, many celebrities end up flashing a lot more skin than they had originally intended.
- The Los Angeles Superior Court had previously sealed the court documents pertaining to the ongoing custody war between the parents of Sean Preston and Jayden James, due the very high-profile nature of the case.
- The "It" collection is obviously inspired by the powerful high-profile name of Louis Vuitton, yet it does not seek to pass itself off as Vuitton merchandise, and, therefore, these bags are not replicas.
- High-profile crimes such as the Columbine High School shootings have made most people much more acutely aware of the potential danger involved in young people acting out in a highly antisocial manner.