A piece of armor, usually made of metal, designed to protect the head.
The hood-shaped sepal or corolla of some flowers.
A protective head covering made of hard material, such as leather, metal, or plastic.
A firefighter's uniform includes a helmet.
The headgear with a glass mask worn by deep-sea divers.
A pith helmet; a topi.
A head covering, such as a balaclava, that is shaped like a helmet.
To provide with or put on a helmet.
A protective covering for the head.
- The headpiece of ancient or medieval armor.
- The metal head covering worn in modern warfare.
- The rigid head covering with inner padding and often a wire face mask used in football, lacrosse, and hockey.
- The mesh-faced mask used in fencing.
- The headpiece of a diver's suit, equipped with air tubes, glass windows, etc.
- A fireman's protective hat.
- The rigid head covering worn by a motorcyclist.
Something suggesting such a headpiece in appearance or function, as a galea of a flower.
To cover or equip with a helmet.