- the act or process of hauling
- the charge made for hauling, as by a railroad
The definition of haulage is the process of hauling or moving.
An example of haulage is the process of moving furniture up flights of stairs.
- The act or process of hauling.
- A charge made for hauling.
- As the mine is opened the deposit is subdivided into blocks of convenient size by parallel passages, which form later the main haulage roads, and by transverse openings for ventilation.
- The main haulage tracks are laid at the bottom of the stope, which thus forms the level.
- The working-floors are connected by winzes with the main haulage roads below.
- In this manner one floor after another is worked until the floor containing the main haulage roads of the level below is reached.
- The floor containing these old haulage roads now becomes the top slice of the one hundred-foot block of ground below and is mined out as described.