Gosh is defined as an expression of wonder used when someone is mildly surprised.
An example of gosh is what someone would say if a butterfly were to land on a flower in front of them.
Used to express mild surprise or delight.
Origin of goshAlteration of God
- (euphemistic) A mild expression of surprise or enthusiasm as to be put in place of “God”, particularly in fear of saying the Lord’s name in vain.
- Gosh, I didn’t realize I’d cause so much trouble!
- Gosh I’d love to go to that concert!
- There are rumors that shipping is going to be delayed (gosh, its only been in development for 3 years!), but you can alwaysyou're your Elder Scrolls fan a gift certificate.
- Some people think, oh my gosh you're making a ton of money, but if you look at the amount of employees we have to have we're doing okay, but when you base the majority of your income on six weeks it's rough.
- Oh my gosh, it's so late.
- "Oh my gosh, Alex," she whispered.
- "Oh my gosh!" she said, looking back at the photo to read the statistics.