An example of a gemstone is the amethyst.
The definition of a gemstones is a mineral or hard substance that can be polished and shaped for use in jewelry.
An example of a gemstone is an amethyst.
any mineral or petrified substance that can be cut and polished for setting into a piece of jewelry
A precious or semiprecious stone that may be used as a jewel when cut and polished.
- a gem, usually made of minerals.
- With styles that remain rich in metallics, crystal and gemstone embellishments, and even the occasional sequin number, Stuart Weitzman makes a clear distinction between daytime footwear and that which is appropriate for the night scene.
- Gemstones can also be tumble polished and these naturally shaped stones are often used by wire wrapping artists who can work with the unusual and natural shape of a gemstone to produce a highly unusual and individual item of jewelry.
- One of the nation's leaders in fine diamond and gemstone jewelry, Zales Jewelry offers a wide range of stylish pieces in both traditional and contemporary designs as well as numerous services for every customer's piece of mind.
- Along with its beautiful engagement ring collection, Garrard also offers other jewelry collections including gemstone rings (rubies, sapphires, and emeralds are popular) and delicate tiaras, perfect for a discriminating bride.
- While it's easy to choose a gemstone if you wish to go with your own birthstone, the birthstone of your significant other, or the birthstone of your child, there are other ways to choose gemstones that are equally symbolic.