- of or containing gelatin
- like gelatin or jelly; having the consistency of gelatin or jelly; viscous
A gelatinous dessert.
The definition of gelatinous is something with a jelly-like consistency.
Jello is an example of something that would be described as gelatinous.
- Resembling gelatin; viscous.
- Of, relating to, or containing gelatin.
- Between ectoderm and endoderm is a supporting layer of structureless gelatinous substance termed mesogloea, secreted by the cell-layers of the body-wall; the mesogloea may be a very thin layer, or may reach a fair thickness, and then sometimes contains skeletal elements formed by cells which have migrated into it from the ectoderm.
- CALIPASH and Calipee (possibly connected with carapace, the upper shell of a turtle), the gelatinous substances in the upper and lower shells, respectively, of the turtle, the calipash being of a dull greenish and the calipee of a light yellow colour.
- Between which is a structureless gelatinous secreted layer, the mesogloea.
- It is characterized by the presence of a special development of the lophioderm or median fin-system, namely, the ventral fin, which is composed of two portions, a lower keel-like portion, which underlies an upper chambered portion, each chamber containing typically a pair of gelatinous fin rays.
- Crystals of quartz may be readily prepared artificially by a number of methods; for example, by heating glass or gelatinous silica with water under pressure.