Geez is defined as an exclamation you shout showing surprise or annoyance.
When you are annoyed because your friend is late for the 10th time in a row, this is an example of when you might shout "Geez!"
Used to express mild surprise, delight, dissatisfaction, or annoyance.
Origin of geezShortening and alteration of Jesus
- (euphemistic) An exclamation denoting surprise or frustration.
- (UK, slang) Informal address to a male; abbreviation of geezer
- Hi geez, you alright?
OriginSee also: Ge'ez
A minced oath of the word Jesus.
- Geez, it just seems that the celebrities can't keep themselves out of trouble with the law, as Heather Locklear is formally charged.
- Geez. Looks like it's been hit by a locomotive.
- Version was translated into Geez, the literary language, which is used for all services, though hardly understood.
- 700, after which time that language seems definitely to have been displaced in favour of Ethiopic or Geez: the condition of the script and the coins renders them all difficult to identify with the names preserved in the native lists, which are too fanciful and mutually contradictory to furnish of themselves even a vestige of history.
- They possess - not in Hebrew, of which they are altogether ignorant, but in Ethiopic (or Geez)- the canonical and apocryphal books of the Old Testament; a volume of extracts from the Pentateuch, with comments given to Moses by God on Mount Sinai; the Te-e-sa-sa Sanbat, or laws of the Sabbath; the Ardit, a book of secrets revealed to twelve saints, which is used as a charm against disease; lives of Abraham, Moses, &c.; and a translation of Josephus called Sana Aihud.