The definition of fungi are organisms that eats organic material.
An example of fungi are black bread mold.
A plural of fungus
- plural form of fungus
- There are multiple prounciations in current English use. More American dictionaries favor the pronunciation /ˈfʌn.dʒaɪ/ or /ˈfʌŋ.gaɪ/, while more British dictionaries favor the pronunciation /ˈfʌŋ.giː/ or /ˈfʌn.dʒiː/. However, all four pronunciations are in use in both countries.
- These two fungi usually grow in woods, but sometimes in hedges and in shady places in meadows, or even, as has been said, as invaders on mushroom-beds.
- It is by many esteemed as the best of all the edible fungi found in Great Britain.
- By far the greater number of spot-diseases are due to Fungi, as indicated by the numerous leaf-diseases described, but such is by no means always the case.
- Many other fungi in addition to the fairy-ring champignon grow in circles, so that this habit must merely be taken with its other characters in cases of doubt.
- Many Fungi, in themselves not very aggressive, slowly bring about important ~nd far-reaching secondary effects.