- empty, foolish talk; nonsense
Origin of fudge< ?
- a soft candy made of butter, milk, sugar, and chocolate or other flavoring, etc.
- a rich, sweet chocolate sauce used as a topping for ice cream or as an ingredient in cakes and cookies: usually used attributively: a fudge sundae
- Printing a short piece of last-minute news or other matter inserted in a newspaper page
- the act or an instance of fudging
Origin of fudgeuncertain or unknown; perhaps echoic, as in German futsch, gone, ruined
transitive verbfudged, fudg′ing
- to refuse to commit oneself or give a direct answer; hedge: to fudge on an issue
- to be dishonest; cheat