Origin of Frankfortorigin, originally Frank's Ford, probably after Stephen Frank, a pioneer killed there (1780) capital of Ky., in the NC part
The capital of Kentucky, in the north-central part of the state on the Kentucky River. It was chosen as the capital in 1792 because it is between Louisville and Lexington, two cities that were both vying to be capital.x
- The capital of the state of Kentucky
- On his return to Germany he made peace with France at Frankfort in July 1489, and in October several of the states of the Netherlands recognized him as their ruler and as guardian of his son.
- At Frankfort (1697) and in 9 vols.
- In 1818 he became a master in a school at Frankfort-on-the-Oder, thereby entering the service of the Prussian government.
- Of Halle by the main line to Bebra and Frankfort-on-Main.
- Of Frankfort-on-Main.