- a glass bowl in which goldfish, snails, etc. are kept; small aquarium
- any place where one's activities are open to public view
also fish bowl
- A transparent bowl in which live fish are kept.
- Informal A place that is lacking in privacy.
- A small simple aquarium.
- A term describing a place or event of intense scrutiny. Enthusiastic sports cities are often said to place the players on their team in a "fishbowl" atmosphere.
- Or, the belly can be painted as a fishbowl with fish swimming in it, with an accompanying fisherman.
- Fill a vase or fishbowl with potpourri, and then scatter a few pieces around the bowl.
- Tie ribbon around the top of a fishbowl, fill with water and add floating candles.
- Floating Candles: Add floating candles shaped like leaves to a fishbowl of water and place upon a mirrored glass piece.
- Pitch those stories about life back in the fishbowl after you've spent five years in your own private lake.