- of or being an immigrant taking up permanent residence in a country; often, specif., of or being a naturalized, foreign-born citizen of a country
- of or being a native-born citizen of a country whose parents had immigrated into that country
- Immigrants who come to the country as the first in their family are an example of first-generation immigrants.
- A product that has never before been made is an example of a first-generation product.
The definition of first-generation is the first type of a product that is made, or the first people in a family to immigrate to a new country.
- a. Of or relating to an immigrant or immigrants to a new country: a first-generation American who was born in Nigeria.b. Of or relating to a person or persons whose parents are immigrants: a first-generation Canadian whose parents were born in China.
- Of or relating to a member or members of the first generation of a family to do something or achieve something: first-generation college students; a first-generation millionaire.
- Of, relating to, or being the first form or version of a product or technology: first-generation computer software; a first-generation antipsychotic drug.
first generation - Investment & Finance Definition
- The complaints about poor reception and dropped calls has been around since the first-generation iPhone and it has carried through to the 3G and 3GS versions as well.
- Given the somewhat larger size and capacity, the first-generation Zune competed primarily against the Apple iPod classic (5th generation) of the time.
- The usual choice for human bite wounds on the hand is a first-generation cephalosporin and either penicillin or amoxicillin-clavulanate (Augmentin).
- This is a first-generation device for Palm, so it's understandable that they are experiencing some complaints on the Palm Pre.
- Being first-generation Greeks, my sister and I grew up with all the rich traditions of the Greek heritage.