a strip of ebony or other hardwood fixed to the neck of a stringed instrument, against which the strings are pressed, as with the fingers, to produce the desired notes
A strip of wood on the neck of a stringed musical instrument against which the strings are pressed in playing.
- A deep cutaway alder body, two piece flame maple neck, birdseye maple fingerboard, Gotoh machine heads, and a hand wound Alnico single coil with a hand wound Alnico V humbucker come together to make a great instrument.
- The SX100B Series II has a maple neck and a rosewood fingerboard with a durable high-gloss finish on the body, neck and headstock to protect it from damage at the rowdy bar gigs you'll take it to.
- With a Floyd Rose locking tremolo, 3-way switch pickup switchin, and a birds eye maple fingerboard, the guitar is strong enough to endure the toughest playing.
- Strings/Fingerboard: The strings make the note when you pluck it and the fingerboard is where you place your fingers to create different sounds.
- This guitar has a contoured body, a vintage-style vibrato, two single coil and one humbucker pickup, and a rosewood fingerboard.