Lacking expression: Their faces remained expressionless as they listened to the bad news.
(comparative more expressionless, superlative most expressionless)
- without expression
expression + -less
- Bodies appear stiff and formal, but faces are relaxed and expressionless.
- Previous movies have always portrayed the Dark Knight in a stoic fashion, flashing back to the moment the pearls drop and the roses fall, returning to the present to a stone-faced Bruce staring expressionless into the air.
- There are also Anime Fire Fighter, Anime Expressionless Fighter, and Anime Scarecrow.
- Mask-An expressionless look, caused by reduced movements of the face.
- In this disease the face is heavy, puffy and expressionless, the lips thick, the speech slow, the hands shapeless and spade-like, the patient apathetic, the circulation slow and the extremities cold.