- Making use of natural resources to build a city is an example of the exploitation of those resources.
- Taking advantage of someone's need for a job and paying them only pennies to perform work so you can get rich is an example of exploitation.
Exploitation is defined as the act of using resources or the act of treating people unfairly in order to benefit from their efforts or labor.
- The act of employing to the greatest possible advantage: exploitation of copper deposits.
- Utilization of another person or group for selfish purposes: exploitation of unwary consumers.
- An advertising or publicity program.
- It was an exploitation of the patented invention.
- The exploitation of the mines led to a rapid development of the town during the next three years.
- They were discovered before 1870 by searchers after petroleum, but their exploitation remained in the experimental stage until about 1900.
- Railway development in West Virginia has been due largely to the exploitation of the coal and lumber resources of the state.
- Up to this time the rule of the Bhonsla rajas, rough warriors of peasant extraction, had been on the whole beneficent; but, soured by his defeat, Raghoji now set to work to recover some of his losses by a ruthless exploitation of the peasantry, and until the effective intervention of the British in 1818 the country was subjected to every kind of oppression.