- a person who accepts the theory that environment is of overriding importance in determining individual characteristics
- a person working to solve environmental problems, as air and water pollution, the exhaustion of natural resources, and uncontrolled population growth
The definition of an environmentalist is a person who is concerned with protecting the earth's environment, solving environmental problems and preserving natural resources.
A person who advocates reduce, re-use and recycle is an example of an environmentalist.
of or being an environmentalist (sense )
- Babies may experience more skin rashes when wearing polyester, and some environmentalist believe that polyester harms the environment.
- Environmentalist became active and the nation faced an oil crisis.
- For environmentalist organizations like Greenpeace to be against GMO in all its forms under all conditions does nothing at all to serve them or the constituencies they purport to represent.