double dippingdouble dipping
- An example of double dipping is to receive a pension as a retired military officer while working for the government as a civilian.
- An example of double dipping is to dip a piece of shrimp into cocktail sauce, bite it and then dip the bitten part back into the sauce.
- Present participle of double-dip.
double dipping - Investment & Finance Definition
The ability to deduct interest expense in two different tax jurisdictions at the same time. This is a creative, cross-border financing arrangement. Double dipping can also refer to any other similar situation in which a system is used to a person or company’s benefit.
- However, if you can, try to resist a DVD of a major film on its initial release if that release is soon after its cinematic release, because odds are you'll find yourself double-dipping in a few months.
- She revealed his double-dipping to the police and when Ryan returned to the States, he was promptly arrested.