- a mat for people to wipe their shoes on before entering a house, room, etc.
- a person easily mistreated, imposed on, exploited, etc.
- A mat placed before a doorway for wiping the shoes.
- Slang One who submits meekly to domination or mistreatment by others.
- No guy wants to date a doormat or someone who has no opinions of her own.
- Signals is a company from which you can purchase fun, kitschy items like a book about Towel Origami, and a personalized Latitude and Longitude doormat for your home.