The definition of disrespectful is someone or something that shows a lack of deference, courtesy or respect.
A child who talks back to his parents is an example of someone who would be described as disrespectful.
Having or exhibiting a lack of respect; rude and discourteous.
(comparative more disrespectful, superlative most disrespectful)
- lacking respect
dis- + respectful
- Has she been disrespectful of you?
- Actually, Dulce had been disrespectful with every look and word.
- It's disrespectful to both of us.
- You were so busy directing my life that it never occurred to you that you were being disrespectful of me.
- I don't mean to be disrespectful, ma'am, but when we spoke on the telephone, I offered you the letters and the clothing.