a graduated metal rod for measuring the depth of a substance in its container, as of oil in a crankcase
- A graduated rod for measuring the depth or amount of liquid in a container, as of oil in a crankcase.
- Slang A person regarded as foolish or contemptible.
- A stick or rod used to measure the depth of a liquid. Often used to check the level at which a liquid in an opaque or inaccessible tank or reservoir stands; gauge.
- I haven't checked the oil level of my car's motor since I lost the dipstick three months ago.
- (slang) A penis.
- (slang) A useless person.
- (slang, euphemistic) A dipshit.
- (slang, UK) A person of inferior intellect or, more accurately, someone who makes an action that would imply this.
- That referee is a right dipstick.
- Check the oil dipstick for clean oil and no burned odor.
- Dipstick or reagent test strips that measure glucose in the urine can only detect glucose levels above 180 mg/dl and are non-specific, so they are not useful in the diagnosis of diabetes.
- You may also like the Dipstick with its excellent arch support and rubber sole.
- Ketones in the urine can be detected using dipstick tests (e.g.