- The definition of a dink is of a hit made by hitting the ball poorly in baseball.
An example of dink used as an adjective is in the phrase "dink single," which means the player hit the ball poorly, but still was able to get to first base.
- Dink is defined as a sports shot where the ball drops just over the net, or a slang term for a jerk, or an offensive term for a person born in Southeast Asia, or an abbreviation (DINK) that is defined as double income, no kids.
- An example of a dink is a shot in volleyball where the ball drops very lightly over the net.
- An example of a dink is a person who always acts like a fool.
- An example of a dink is a married woman who makes an income and is married to a man who makes an income, and the couple has no children.
Origin of DINKd(ouble) i(ncome,) n(o) k(ids)
Origin of dinkFrom dink sound of a weakly hit or dropped ball
Origin of dinkProbably partly back-formation from dinky and partly back-formation from earlier slang dinkus penis, idiot alteration of dingus
Origin of DINKD(ual) I(ncome) N(o) K(ids)
- (tennis) A soft drop shot.
- (US, pejorative) A North Vietnamese soldier.
- (US) Double Income No Kids - a childless couple with two jobs
- (Canada, colloquial) A penis.
(third-person singular simple present dinks, present participle dinking, simple past and past participle dinked)
- (tennis) To play a soft drop shot.
- (soccer) To chip lightly, to play a light chip shot.
- The forward dinked the ball over the goalkeeper to score his first goal of the season.
- (Australia, colloquial) To carry someone on a pushbike: behind, on the crossbar or on the handlebar.
- I gave him a dink on my bike.
- (US, military) Alternative spelling of dinq.
- Double Income No Kids - a childless couple with two jobs
- Inky Dink: If you are looking for trendy duds for toddlers, this is the place to shop.