- An example of di is the officer that teaches new soldiers about the military.
- An example of di is the length of a line down the center of a circle.
- An example of di is the symbol for a metallic mixture.
Di is defined as an abbreviation for drill instructor or diameter, or the symbol for didymium.
- twice, double, twofold: dichroism, dicotyledon
- Chem. having two atoms, molecules, radicals, etc.: diacid
Origin of di-Classical Greek di- from dis-, twice from Indo-European an unverified form dwis (from source Classical Latin bis, Middle High German zwis) from base an unverified form dwo, two
dis-: used before b, d, g, l, m, n, r, or v
- diagnostic imaging
- donor insemination
- drill instructor
- Two; twice; double: dichromatic.
- Containing two atoms, radicals, or groups: dichloride.
Origin of di-Greek; see dwo- in Indo-European roots.
Variant of dia-
A prefix that means “two,” “twice,” or “double.” It is used commonly in chemistry, as in dioxide, a compound having two oxygen atoms.
- plural form of deus
- Aside from dance games like Dance Dance Revolution and alternative rhythm games like Samba di Amigo and DJ Hero, the most notable competition for the Guitar Hero audience on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 is the Rock Band franchise.
- This is a place to learn about the history of the art form, the musicians who shaped it, and the famous Di Giorgio guitars which are as essential to the bossa nova sound as the power chord is to rock and roll.
- The Princess Di tribute version is the one that broke sales records - in fact, the original version of the song was never even released as a single in the US because it was deemed inappropriate for the US market.
- If you have more time, you can also check out the Sattui family's other winery that was just completed called Castello di Amorosa This is truly an amazing property and another Sattui gem!
- Acqua Di Parma Iris Nobile: This elegant scent stands head and shoulders above the crowd, thanks to a refined blend that includes mandarin, iris petals, orange blossom, vanilla and more.