Origin of daRussian
An example of DA used as a noun is the title for the District Attorney of San Francisco as of 2011, Mr. George Gascón, D.A.
- deca-; deka-
Origin of DAfrom d(uck's) a(ss)
- District Attorney
- Doctor of Arts
Origin of DAAbbreviation of duck's ass
- delayed action
- deposit account
- D/A digital/analog
- district attorney
- Doctor of Arts
- don't answer
- (Ireland, Scotland, Northern England) Father.
Abbreviation of dad
- (slang, Russian) A Russian yes; an affirmative response.
- (slang, Russian) Yes in a Russian context
From Russian да (da, “yes”).
- Eye dialect spelling of the.
Representing pronunciation of the in informal speech.
- Hair at the back of a person's head, styled resembling the rear of a duck. (See drawing at ducktail.)
- (metrology) Symbol for the decaohm, an SI unit of electrical resistance equal to 101 ohms.
- I wanted to talk to Da … my father.
- By Wednesday afternoon the matter was settled and the disposition of the case was in the hands of Bobby Witherspoon, the assistant DA, and the juvenile court system.
- The cathedral contains other 14th-century and early Renaissance paintings, the former including some Passion scenes, the only certain work of Barna da Siena, and some fine choir stalls.
- In 1752 its capital was situated on the right bank of the Guapore river and was named Villa Bella da Santissima Trindade de Matto Grosso, but in 1820 the seat of government was removed to Cuyaba and Villa Bella has fallen into decay.
- Giovanni, dating from 1576, is famous for its rich inlaid marbles, its Brussels tapestries, its roof painted by Matteo Preti (1661-1699), the picture by Michael Angelo da Caravaggio of the beheading of John the Baptist, numerous memorials of the knights and other relics.