- a poisonous North American pit viper (Agkistrodon contortrix) with a copper-colored head and dark-brown cross bands
- [C-]Informal a Northerner who sympathized with the South at the time of the Civil War: so called in the North
- A venomous snake (Agkistrodon contortrix) of the eastern and central United States and northern Mexico, having a tan body with reddish-brown crossbands.
- Copperhead A Northerner who sympathized with the South during the Civil War.
- Any of various types of snakes having a copper-colored head.
- Agkistrodon contortrix, a venomous pit viper species found in parts of North America.
- Austrelaps, or Australian copperhead, a genus of venomous elapids found in southern Australia and Tasmania.
- Elaphe radiata, the copperhead rat snake, a non-venomous species found in southern Asia.
- Deinagkistrodon acutus, the Chinese copperhead, a venomous pit viper species found in Southeast Asia
- (pejorative) Someone with ginger hair.
copperhead - Medical Definition