Origin of consequentlyMiddle English
The definition of consequently is therefore or as a result.
An example of consequently used as an adverb is in the sentence, "She didn't like the pudding; consequently, she threw it all away."
As a result; therefore.
consequent + -ly
- It consequently has four vertices and six edges.
- Consequently, I need more time to prepare my lessons than other girls.
- Consequently all parts of the plant, except the stem, are modified leaves.
- He did not concern himself with the interests of his own class, and consequently some thought him proud and others thought him stupid.
- Consequently, it made more sense to submit to Alex than argue with him.