- bearing cones
- of conifers
The Ponderosa pine is a coniferous tree.
The definition of coniferous is something related to trees that have cones.
A pine tree is an example of a tree that would be described as coniferous.
(comparative more coniferous, superlative most coniferous)
- The same coniferous trees are common to both parts of the range.
- Only 57% of the area is occupied by arable land and pasture; forests, one-tenth of which are coniferous, occupy 38%.
- The zone of coniferous trees,8100-9500ft.
- When well prepared for use, larch is one of the most durable of coniferous woods.
- Larix), a name applied to a small group of coniferous trees, of which the common larch of Europe is taken as the type.