- a pitch, slightly higher than the usual pitch, to which concert instruments are sometimes tuned to achieve an increased brilliance of quality
- the standard pitch to which instruments are tuned and voices are pitched so as to be compatible in performance: it is currently designated as A above middle C, with a frequency of 440 vibrations per second
- the actual sound of a note written for a transposing instrument, as the trumpet
concert pitchconcert pitch
- See international pitch.
- The state of being ready and tensely alert: a diver whose mental and physical states were at concert pitch before executing the dive.
(plural concert pitches)
- (music) the pitch that is heard (usually as played by one or more transposing instruments or a combination of transposing and non-transposing instruments)