closed circuitclosed circuit
- The definition of closed circuit is a system where video or other media is transmitted through connected cables and wires, not through the air.
When you have a video camera directly connected to a TV on the property that shows images from the video camera, this is an example of a closed-circuit TV.
- Closed circuit means a complete electrical connection around which current flows or circulates.
When you have a series of electrical wires connecting to each other and completing a circuit so that current travels from one end of the circle to the other, this is an example of a closed circuit.
- An electric circuit providing an uninterrupted, endless path for the flow of current.
- A television transmission circuit with a limited number of reception stations and no broadcast facilities.
- An electric circuit through which current can flow in an uninterrupted path.
Compare open circuit
- A television system in which the signal is usually sent by cable to a limited number of receivers.
closed circuit - Computer Definition
- The video recorded a ghostly figure of a man walk out of a dark doorway with one hand outstretched and an unnaturally white face almost glowing in the middle of the grainy closed-circuit video stream.
- One of the more famous and chilling ghost videos hit the world news media in December of 2003 when Hampton Court Palace staff reported capturing a real ghost on their closed-circuit security cameras.
- The connexions for single-current working on the " closed-circuit " system are shown in fig.
- Again, as regards the distribution of the current, he took a leading part in the development of the three-wire system and the closed-circuit transformer, while electric traction had to thank him for the series-parallel method of working motors.