- Biol. all the descendants derived asexually from a single individual, as by cuttings, bulbs, etc. or by fission, parthenogenesis, etc.
- an individual produced by means of cloning
- Informal a person or thing very much like another
- Comput. a hardware or software product, esp. a personal computer, designed to function like an original, typically higher-priced, product from another manufacturer
Origin of clonefrom Classical Greek kl?n, a twig from klan, to break: see clastic
transitive verbcloned, clon′ing
- to produce by means of cloning
- Informal to make a copy of; imitate