intransitive verb-·lat·ed, -·lat·ing
- to move in a circle, circuit, or course and return to the same point, as blood through the body
- to go from person to person or from place to place; specif.,
- to move about freely, as air
- to move about as in society or at a party
- to be made widely known, felt, established, distributed, etc.
- to be distributed to a circle or mass of readers or collectors
Origin of circulatefrom Classical Latin circulatus, past participle of circulari, to form a circle