Origin of CerberusClassical Latin from Classical Greek Kerberos
nounGreek & Roman Mythology
A three-headed dog guarding the entrance to Hades.
cerberus - Computer Definition
Also known as Kerberos. In Greek mythology, the three-headed dog that guarded the gates of Hades. Cerberus also had a snake for a tail and a serpentine mane. See also Kerberos.
- In 2007, Cerberus Capital purchased 80.1 percent of Chrysler from DaimlerChrysler for an estimated $7.4 billion.
- Even talks of a merger with GM's major stockholder, Cerberus Capital, ended with no agreement.
- Sonic Blade -- Cloud will gie you this after you defeat Cerberus.
- The third and twelfth labours may be solar, the horned hind representing the moon, and the carrying of Cerberus to the upper world an eclipse, while the last episode of the hero's tragedy is possibly a complete solar myth developed at Trachis.
- Amongst his children by Echidna are Cerberus, the Lernaean hydra, and the Chimaera.