Origin of calzoneIt, figurative, figuratively use of calzone, pant leg, singular of calzoni, pants
A baked or fried Italian turnover of pizza dough filled with vegetables, meat, or cheese.
Origin of calzoneItalian pant leg, calzone from calza sock from Vulgar Latin calcea from Latin calceus shoe ; see calceolate .
(plural calzones or calzoni)
- If you make a mean linguini or a to-die-for calzone, consider throwing an Italian party that includes traditional Italian music and décor.
- Stuff a homemade calzone or whole-wheat pita with sauteed veggies and vegan cheese.
- Union Hall Inn2 Union PlaceJohnstown, NY 12095(518) 762-3210unionhallinnrestaurant.com Romana's Italian Kitchen Traditional Italian cuisine is found at Romana's - pizza, pasta, calzone - plus sandwiches, salads, fried fish and assorted finger foods.
- Vegetarians can choose a salad, vegetarian pizza, calzone or sandwich.
- The Funplex cafe at each location offers appetizers, hot Italian food from pizza to stomboli and calzone, burgers, chicken nuggets, salads, hot sandwiches, soup, snacks and dessert.