- a person who calculates
- a book of tables for calculating
- a mechanical or electronic device for the automatic performance of mathematical operations
- One that calculates, as:a. An electronic or mechanical device for the performance of mathematical computations.b. A person who operates such a machine or otherwise makes calculations.
- A set of mathematical tables used to aid in calculating.
calculator - Computer Definition
A machine that provides arithmetic capabilities. The most basic calculators, which can cost pennies to purchase, add, subtract, multiply and divide. More advanced devices handle sines, cosines and other trigonometric functions. Whether mechanical or electronic, all calculators accept numeric input from dials, levers or a keypad. The results are displayed as mechanical digits, on punched paper tape or on a screen, such as an LCD. Unlike computers, calculators perform a finite set of functions, and they cannot handle text.
- In order to understand how to effectively operate a calculator that is specifically used for annuities, it is necessary to have a thorough understanding of what annuities are and the various processes that are used to provide payouts.
- Your EFC, or Expected Family Contribution, is the amount of money that your family might be expected to give toward the cost of your college tuition and other costs, and an EFC Calculator can help you to determine your EFC number.
- If the amount that the calculator determines is a significant amount of money, borrowers may choose to use either of these two methods to shave years off the length of the mortgage and/or save a significant amount of money on interest.
- There are many different mortgage calculators that can be found online, but if you will be purchasing Canadian real estate, it will be in your best interests to use a mortgage calculator specifically designed for mortgages in Canada.
- When using a debt snowball calculator, you may discover that this approach works only if you have enough income to meet the minimum payments for all of your debts plus some extra cash to apply towards the debt with the smallest balance.