- having (a specific kind of) bone: brittle-boned
- having the bones taken out
- having stays of whalebone, etc.
- simple past tense and past participle of bone
- An open-cup bustier has a corset-like fit in the torso, when it is purchased in a boned design, but it can also be found in a "light" look that simply stretches over the midsection.
- Lingerie makers rose to the challenge with the long-line corset, which fastened around the waist and was boned through the front so that it clung to the body like a merry widow.
- Boned Bustier: Some bustiers are constructed with boning inside, which is a strong but flexible addition to give shape to foundation garments, not unlike an underwire bra.
- The newcomer was a short, large-boned, yellow-faced, wrinkled old man, with gray bushy eyebrows overhanging bright eyes of an indefinite grayish color.
- In height, large-boned, slim, erect and sinewy.