- a person or thing that bobs
- a buoyant device, as a cork, attached to a fishing line to hold the baited hook at a desired depth
- A buoyant object used to suspend a fishing line.
- One who fishes with such an object.
Origin of bobberFrom bob 1
One who reshapes or trims something, especially hair.
Origin of bobberFrom bob 2
From the verb to bob + -er.
- Tip for Fishing Throw the line out into the current just passed the fish you want to catch so that the water will help carry your bobber towards the fish.
- Since it can be difficult for fishermen of any age to know when a fish is on the line, plan on using a bobber.
- Equip the Fishing Rod (bobber) with a coral earring hook.
- At that moment, the bobber plunged under the surface of the water.
- She baited the hook and threw it in the pond, watching as tiny waves rippled out from the bobber and gently lapped at the grassy shore.