Origin of bienvenueFr, literally , well come
The definition of bienvenue is a French term for a welcome.
An example of bienvenue is a French woman greeting you at her home with a hug.
- While the definition of the French word bienvenue is simple and straightforward, using it correctly requires knowing a few hints and tips.
- The most common mistake people make when using the word bienvenue is choosing the masculine ending when the feminine ending is needed.
- It's important to realize that using bienvenue to say you're welcome is a regional phrase.
- The definition of the French word bienvenue is fairly straightforward.
- Bienvenue may also be used to say "you're welcome."