The side of a bed or the space alongside it.
At or near the side of a bed: a bedside table; bedside conversation.
- To the side of one's bed
- You're used to bedside duty.
- It was ten past six, according to his bedside clock.
- Returning from his campaign tour, he went immediately to the bedside of his dying wife, and for some weeks had practically no sleep at all.
- "What are you doing?" she asked as she hurried to his bedside to assist him.
- Dean stretched and extinguished the bedside lamp but neither slept.