- simple past tense and past participle of apprise
The definition of apprised is you gave someone information.
If you went to every member of your club and filled them in on what was happening, that is an example of apprised.
- Keep me apprised of when the troops bring in the one they found down the mountain.
- On the 29th of September Cardinal Ant onelli further apprised Baron Blanc that he was about to issue drafts for the monthly payment of the 50,000 crowns inscribed in the pontifical budget for the maintenance of the pope, the Sacred College, the apostolic palaces and the papal guards.
- De Giers in October 1891, when the Russian statesman was apprised of the entirely defensive nature of Italian engagements under the triple alliance.
- The ulema, in answer, were desired and to go to the citadel; but they were apprised of ifleheme~ treachery; and on.
- All, being apprised by his agents at the metropolis of the despatch of this messenger, ordered him to be waylaid and killed; the despatches were seized and read by All before an assembly of the beys, who were assured that the order for execution applied to all alike, and he urged them to fight for their lives.